Microsoft Edge opens for a few seconds then closes again, no pages will load
Microsoft Edge browser. The issue seems to caused by registry permissions in the last Windows 10 update. Standard repairs using power shell to reinstall Microsoft Edge or changing permissions in the register do not fix the problem. This fix involves downloading software from tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio_setup If you are wary of downloading the software which you should be, here is the Goggle search for tweaking.com reviews so you can make your own mind up.
Once you have the software downloaded follow the info below
- Run and install software
- It will open and check the program then click I Agree
- Click jump to repairs
- Click on open repairs
- REMOVE the tick from box All repairs at top of list
- Now put a tick in 1, 2, 3
- Once you have selected the above click Start Repairs
- Let the job complete DO NOT SHUT DOWN PC UNTIL YOU GET MESSAGE TO RESTART.
- Once restarted open Microsoft edge again
Hopefully you should now have a working Edge browser.
Yes we know there are other browsers available however some people LIKE Edge so if you are one of them and it is not working after update give this a go