How to fix Windows Search blank results
Original post here
Microsoft has apparently included a way to easily disable the web integration and it can be done by creating a new Registry value. This would disable both Cortana and Bing integration in Start Menu’s search menu.
To fix Windows Search blank results, simply follow these steps:
- Open Windows Run.
- Type “regedit” to open Windows Registry.
- Click Yes to the prompt asking for administrator permission.
- Navigate to the following path: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionSearch
- Right-click the Search option.
- Choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the new value BingSearchEnabled.
- Double-click the new BingSearchEnabled that you just created.
- Change the value to 0 if it’s 1.
- Click OK to continue.
- Now look for ‘CortanaConsent’.
- Double-click CortanaConsent value and change its value data to 0. If you don’t see CortanaConsent value, create it manually.
- Restart the PC.
After rebooting the system, Windows Search should start working again.